Water scarcity is rising daily and the source of water cannot be trusted. The TDS level of drinking water plays an important role in the health and wellness of your family. Water with an excessively high or low TDS level is not suited for drinking. But how would you know whether the drinking water is suitable? Well, the best tds meter in India can help you through the problems. It can help you live the safe, active, and prosperous life you deserve.
What Is a TDS Meter?
TDS refers to the Total Dissolved Solids and it is the combined organic and inorganic particles present in the water. It is inclusive of anything other than pure water molecules. Sometimes running tap water contains potential contaminants like trace materials, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphates which are very unsafe for human consumption.
Why Do I Need a TDS Meter?
How to Choose the Best TDS Meter?
Typically, TDS meters takes three types of measurements and these are:
- Electrical Conductivity: TDS meters also function as EC meters and it measures the level of electrical conductivity present in water so that TDS level can be detected. It is displayed in the form of uS or micro siemens or S i.e., siemens.
- TDS: This is shown in the form of parts per million or PPM.
- Temperature: Since all TDS meters come with a built-in temperature sensor, you can also know the temperature of the water along with TDS and EC.
Mode of Calibration
1. Konvio Neer Imported Total Dissolved Solids Meter
Konvio Neer Imported Total Dissolved Solids MeterBuy From Amazon
The reliable function of the TDS meter can be easily installed in the RO membrane of the filter for testing the standard and quality of water.
- Suitable for a variety of applications
- Comes with an intelligent detection chip
- Measures input and output of total dissolvable liquid
- Equipped with premium class titanium alloy
- Loaded with automatic temperature compensation
2. Nexqua Dew Digital LCD Display Portable Pen Type
“Pen type digital TDS meter measuring water quality in PPM.”
Often we think that we don’t require any meters for measuring the quality of water that we are drinking. With this pen-type digital TDS meter, you can check the number of dissolvable solids in water. You can check the level of contaminants along with the overall purity level with a single push of a button. You can use the meter for checking the level of contaminants in drinking water, tap water, and water for the fish tanks.
Nexqua Dew Digital LCD Display Portable Pen TypeBuy From Amazon
Also, the meter comes with a handy guide to using it and care instructions so that you xa get accurate readings every time.
- High level of precision
- Equipped with a back-lit LCD fir easy readability
- Auto-off function as the LCD turns off after 5 mins
- State-of-the-art digital meter tester
- Comes with high-class titanium alloy for temperature compensation
3. CPEX Digital TDS Water Test Meter Kit with Temperature Calibration Filter Pen Stick
“Standard scale for measuring the TDS level of water.”
If you are planning to install a new RO filter for your home, you can also opt for this for measuring the level of contaminants in your drinking water. According to users, it shows the level of dissolvable contaminants very clearly and accurately. It also takes the temperature measurement so that you can check it for a variety of usage like swimming pools, fish tanks, rain water storage, gardening, and while traveling. Like all other best quality TDS meters available online, it shows the readings instantly so that you don’t have to wait much before consuming the water.
CPEX Digital TDS Water Test Meter Kit with Temperature Calibration Filter Pen StickBuy From Amazon
This high-precision water testing device is not only easy to use but also comes with a large display so that you can see the readings without any effort.
- Clear and large display
- Protective cover for storage
- Equipped with a titanium alloy electrode
- Suitable for domestic and commercial use
4. HM Digital TDS3 Pocket TDS meter water tester
“Get to know the quality of your water with those inexpensive and highly impressive tool.”
Water often comes overloaded with silt, plankton, industrial waste, and sewage waste. And the worst thing is that we don’t even realize it until we fall sick. You can easily get to know whether you are consuming water suitable for drinking. Designed to give you an accurate reading with the push of a button- you can see the level of water safety which gets displayed on the screen. This small instrument can be used to check the water quality in pools, aquariums, gardening, and spas.
HM Digital TDS3 Pocket TDS meter water testerBuy From Amazon
This TDS water meter is highly efficient and precise owing to the advanced microprocessor technology.
- Equipped with a hold function
- Built-in digital thermometer for measuring temperature
- Comes with a carrying case
5. PSI TDS Meter Pocket Digital Meter
"Highly efficient and accurate due to its advanced microprocessor technology."
The last one on the list, the PSI TDS meter is one of the most sought-after instruments for measuring the quality of water you are consuming. Moreover, you can also check the water used for spas, pools, fish tanks, and gardening. The advanced microprocessor technology allows high efficiency and if you are looking for a low-budget TDS meter, then you can surely go for this one.
PSI TDS Meter Pocket Digital MeterBuy From Amazon
Besides checking the level of dissolvable contaminants in water, you can also check the temperature with the automated ‘temp' button.
The Bottom Line
It is very difficult to recommend the most suitable water for consumption, particularly if it is loaded with vitamins and minerals. This is because it depends on each individual and their taste and preferences. For people who are not prone to suffer from water-borne illness and live in areas with high temperatures, it is recommended to consume water loaded with minerals. This helps in providing the right level of hydration.
TDS meters are not just used for drinking purpose, you can also use these handy instruments to check whether the water is suitable for hydroponic farming, aquarium and all other applications where maintaining the quality of water is very crucial. If you reside in an area where water quality always seems to be fluctuating, it’s high time that you invest in a good quality TDS meter. A good TDS meter can help you live the pollution free, disease free and jovial life you deserve.