Why do diabetics need a glucometer?
Diabetics are constantly trying out different mechanisms to keep their blood sugar level in check. This may go all the way from varying their exercise, diet, taking various ayurvedic medications and even trying out some novel mechanisms such as keto and fasting for days together. Everything you do can change your sugar level throughout the day – then how do you know where you stand? This becomes even more critical for people on insulin, where they need to vary their dose based on their current sugar level.
How Do You Decide on the Best Glucometer in India?
- Are you a type 1 or type 2 diabetic? I’ve been in both the worlds with my type 2 turning into a type 1, so I know how important carrying a glucometer is.
- What is the frequency of the checks you need?
- How long do you have to wait to see the sugar level result?
- Are you looking for advanced features in your sugar testing machine or is a basic glucometer good enough for you? For instance, do you need the sugar checking machine also to record the results, so you share them with your doctor? If so, how many results do you want to store?
- How accurate are the results of the sugar checking machine?
- What quantity of blood is needed by the sugar testing machine?
- Is it easy to use the sugar test machine?
- How many free sugar testing strips does it come with?
- What is the cost of each blood sugar level test?
- Does the sugar testing machine need a lot of maintenance?
Which Is the Best Glucometer in India?
- Accurate results
- Stores results for 90 days
- One of the fastest and the most popular sugar checking machines
- Includes 50 free sugar test strips
- Compact and handy
- Easy to use
- Sugar tests can be done with a minimum blood sample of 1.5 mg/dl
- Accurate and fast results
- Stores 500 results
- Can work on altitudes as high as 10,000 meters
- Can measure with as little as 0.4μL of a blood
- Meter technology: Electro Chemistry
- Easy and painless to use
- Colorsure technology to instantly indicate when your blood sugar result is low, high or within bounds
- GDH-FAD Strip Enzyme Technology
- Warns you if your ketones level goes beyond 13 mol/L
- Alternative Site Testing – upper arm, forearm, calf, and thigh, besides your fingertips
- Stores 1000 results
- Quick results with a smiley indicator
- Strip ejection feature
- LCD with backlight
- Day average and reminder alarm
- Compact, and easy to use/carry
- Connects to your iPhone or Android smartphone via the standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Accompanied by a feature-rich BeatO App. View trends and analyse the results to understand your sugar levels vary
- Automatic alerts to keep your doctor and chosen family members when blood glucose readings are out of bounds
- Accurate readings – anywhere and anytime
- Aims to provide not just a glucometer, but a comprehensive blood sugar management system
- Accurate readings
- Ergonomic design
- Can work with as little as 0.5µL blood sample
- Beeper alerts
- No coding technology
- Alternate site testing, besides the fingertips
- 300 memory slots
- Also shows 7 days, 14 days and 31-day averages