If you are in your 30's or so then you must have heard your grannies speak a lot about cast iron cookware. They are any day better than the aluminum ones that are readily available in the markets. Cast iron cookware was a rave and preferred cookware a few generations back. However with shrewd marketing they slowly lost their sheen. One of the reasons for that to happen was the fact that cast iron cookware were never branded or produced by professional companies.
They were generally produced locally by blacksmiths and that's one of the reasons that they could not withstand the marketing gimmicks of the commercial cookware brands. Slowly we lost the heritage and it's only recently that the country is again waking up to the benefits of the cast iron utensils.
There are many benefits associated with them the biggest one of them being that with time cast iron utensils get seasoned and become even more stronger. They are designed to last for ages and provide our bodies with the much needed dose of iron trace metal.
Our experts have researched and curated the best of them that can be bought online. That's why we would request our readers to read our post completely to get the max benefit out of it.
We have covered:
List Of The Best Cast Iron Cookware In India
Here is a quick reference table of the best cast iron cookware in India. Do explore the links to know more about them.
Below you can see the LifeStyle Titbits Editorial Picks of the best cast-iron cookware that can be bought online.
Now let's explore the finer and to the point details of the cast iron utensils that we have listed above. We request you to read them carefully to land up with the best ones as per your requirements.
1. The Indus Valley Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware
This pre-seasoned product from Indus Valley can withstand high temperatures for extended periods and help you in cooking a variety of intricate Indian dishes. A healthy choice for our food.
The Indus Valley Pre Seasoned Cast Iron CookwareBuy From Amazon
It is a versatile product and can be used on a stove, on a fire or on an oven. Though it is pre-seasoned and durable, you should wash it and season it a couple of times before using it for cooking.
- Easy-to-clean and saves cooking time
- Versatile and works on gas stove, fire and oven
- It is healthy and enriches the iron content in your food
- Can withstand high temperatures for extended periods
2. Rock Tawa Dosa Tawa 12 Inch
Premium pre-seasoned tawa
This pre-seasoned cast iron skillet is ideal for making south Indian cuisines like dosa. It increases the iron content in the food you eat and makes it healthier.
Rock Tawa Dosa Tawa 12 InchBuy From Amazon
The superior design makes this cast iron tawa easy to clean and maintain. If you want to cut down on excess fat or oil consumption, this tawa is ideal for you and your family.
- Enriches iron content in your food
- Enables you to decrease your oil and fat consumption
- Cast iron tawa is hassle-free to clean and maintain
- Versatile and can be used on gas stove, induction and electric cooktops
3. AmazonBasics Heavy-Duty Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Wok Pan
Heavy-duty wok pan
AmazonBasics brings the ideal product for an Indian kitchen. The cast iron wok pan is ideal for cooking various cuisines and its massive size helps you to cook appreciable volumes of food.
AmazonBasics Heavy-Duty Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Wok PanBuy From Amazon
Versatile wok pan that is ideal for making stir-fries, roasting, baking and a host of other cooking variations. The wok pan works well even at 500 degrees fahrenheit.
- 14-inch pre-seasoned cast-iron wok pan
- Ideal for heat retention and thorough, evenly distributed heating
- The handles provide a steady and secure hold
- Compatible with all cooking surfaces
- Oven-safe up to 500 degrees fahrenheit.
4. Rock Tawa Induction Base Cast Iron Tawa
The product is pre-seasoned with sunflower oil and hence will provide you unique advantages while cooking and baking. The cast iron tawa is durable and long-lasting.
Rock Tawa Induction Base Cast Iron TawaBuy From Amazon
The cast iron tawa is ideal for cooking over an induction cooktop. It also comes with a one year warranty.
- Made of 4.2 mm cast iron
- Ideal for cooking over induction cooktop
- One-year product warranty
- Pre-seasoned with sunflower oil
5. Meyer Induction Base Cast Iron Tawa
Excellent induction-base tawa.
It is one of the healthiest products for it is devoid of toxins like enamel or other chemical coatings. The pre-seasoned surface achieved with vegetable oil aids in non-stick cooking.
Meyer Induction Base Cast Iron TawaBuy From Amazon
It is one of the best products from Meyer and is compatible with induction cooktops. The high-quality cast iron body heats quickly and minimizes fuel consumption.
- Lifetime warranty on product
- High-grade cast-iron body helps in quick heating and heat retention
- Saves fuel consumption
- Enriches food with iron content
- Uni-body one-piece design
6. Bhagya Cast Iron Cookware Iron Tawa
Superior quality cast iron cookware.
Enrich your food with iron content by cooking on the Bhagya cast iron cookware. The sturdy and robust skillet is ideal for cooking for years without much maintenance and upkeep.
Bhagya Cast Iron Cookware Iron TawaBuy From Amazon
The ready-to-use product is devoid of any sorts of chemicals. Instead, it is seasoned with gingelly oil. You can also use the manual for relevant instructions of usage.
- Enables preparing food enriched with iron content
- Sturdy and robust skillet which is super-heavy
- The product is ready-to-use
- Does not feature any chemical
- Pre-seasoned with gingelly oil
- Instruction manual is useful for re-seasoning.
Benefits of using cast iron cookware
Here are the main benefits of using cast iron cookware. Please read them as they would further convince you about the wholesomeness that they can bring in your life.
- They are very sturdy, can last for generations if used properly
- They retain heat longer, once hot the utensil will remain hot.
- Perfect for keeping your food warm
- When you cook in them trace iron gets mixed in the food that's actually good for your health.
- With regular use they keep on getting better.
- High bacteriostatic resistance.
- They are very easy to clean and maintain.