Your child’s oral hygiene is a thing that you need to pay attention to from a very small age. Brushing and flossing twice and once daily respectively is equally important for your little one as well irrespective of the young age. Brushing is an activity you need your child to adapt as a habit because yes, even babies can get tooth decay. You need to protect your baby from any kind of dental trouble before your kid gets mature and learns the process.
But many complicated questions must have come into your mind when you first decided to start brushing your baby’s teeth. From knowing which age to start from to finding the best toothpaste for babies under 2 years, there are many aspects you need to cover before actually starting to brush your baby’s teeth. Keep following Lifestyle Titbits for more priceless tips and tricks regarding leading a happy and sound life.
These are highlights of what we will be addressing in this titbit about the best toothpaste for kids:
At what stage should you begin brushing your baby’s teeth?
As the appearance of little teeth of your baby coming out of their gum line can make your heart melt, have you ever wondered what is the right age when you should start brushing your baby’s teeth? If not, then do not worry we will be providing you every bit of information you may be missing on.
- You should start using a wet soft cloth for wiping off or finger toothbrush way before the teeth have start showing. When your baby’s mouth is still gummy,but you can feel the teeth, you should start using soft items for cleaning to prevent damage to your baby’s little teeth as they arrive. You can even make a start with just water to cut down bacteria build-up.
- After your child has teeth you should be more cautious and start brushing his teeth with a gentle toothbrush and very, very small amount of toothpaste at least twice a day. You must ensure that you brush your child’s teeth after its last meal so that any food item sticking in any corner of the mouth washes away and does not promote bacteria formation. You should also brush your little one’s teeth before its first meal of the day with the intention that all the accumulated germs of last night go away.
What if your baby hates it?
We understand that sometimes it becomes very tough to brush your child’s teeth as your baby does not like it and hence does not cooperate. But still, there are ways through which you can make your baby enjoy the brush time and you can do the job.
- Always make sure that there are no issues with the toothbrush or toothpaste you are using on your baby as it may be creating a problem and hurting your baby.
- Constantly try to make your baby enjoy brushing by playing a song or something of your baby’s interest.
- Always go easy and try patterns that are gentle. If that way also your baby does not like it stick to a soft cloth for some time.
- Show your baby how it is done and try to develop your little one’s interest in this activity. This way your baby will start liking brushing teeth – a technique you can stuck to for lifelong coaching of your kid.
Best toothpaste for kids
Now after discussing all the facts about brushing your child’s teeth, we will provide you with the well-researched list of the top toothpastes for kids compiled by Lifestyle Titbit’s health experts. We are sure you will find this curated list immensely useful to help you converge to the best toothpaste for babies under 2 years.
1. Mamaearth Natural Berry Blast Kids Toothpaste
100% natural and fluoride-free – 50gm
Mamaearth is a brand that offers cent percent natural products with no artificial colors and chemicals. It does not harm your little one’s teeth and removes plaque gently.
Mamaearth Natural Berry Blast Kids ToothpasteBuy From Amazon
This toothpaste promotes healthy teeth and gums while supporting dental and oral health. It provides utmost protection against cavities and decreases bacterial regrowth.
- Safe if swallowed
- Tastes strawberry
- No chemicals
- Cleanses teeth perfectly
- Very gentle
- Does not have a strong taste
- 100% natural formula
2. Colgate Toothpaste for Kids
0% artificial color added – 70gm
Colgate toothpaste is the best toothpaste for babies under 2 years. It is free from artificial colors, preservatives, sweeteners, and colors.
Colgate Toothpaste for KidsBuy From Amazon
This is natural fruit-flavored toothpaste specially designed for kids under 2 years of age. This toothpaste is 100 percent vegetarian and fluoride-free.
- Gentle cleanse
- Protects your baby’s tiny teeth
- Very affordable
- Maintains good oral hygiene
- Perfect for kids up to 2 years of age
3. Chicco toothpaste
Preservatives and SLS free – 50ml
Chicco Dentifricio toothpaste is the best toothpaste for kids as it prevents your child’s teeth from cavities and maintains oral hygiene.
Chicco toothpasteBuy From Amazon
As we know, overexposure to fluoride at an early age can cause dental fluorosis to your kid. That is why this toothpaste is kept completely free from fluoride.
- Right flavor
- Resolves tooth decay
- Does not hurt baby’s tooth enamel
- Sanitizes baby’s gums
- Protects baby’s teeth
4. Pigeon Children Toothpaste
Fluoride and SLS free – 45gm
Pigeon Children toothpaste is strawberry flavored toothpaste that interests kids and also has many benefits.
Pigeon Children ToothpasteBuy From Amazon
Pigeon is a brand that promotes the baby’s healthy growth and offers products that are scientifically proven. This is an excellent tooth paste for children’s teeth.
- Prevents tooth decay
- Extremely affordable
- Fluoride and SLS free
- Color free
- Cleans teeth effectively
- Contains limited foaming agent
- Harmless even if swallowed
5. Mee Mee Toothpaste
Contains triple calcium and phosphate – 70gm
Mee Mee is a baby care brand that was established in 1994 and since then it is manufacturing a wide range of baby care products
Mee Mee ToothpasteBuy From Amazon
Mee Mee toothpaste is carefully created by using baby-safe products and it is sugar-free with a yummy strawberry flavor that your kid will cherish.
- Triple calcium formula
- Contains phosphate
- Tasty flavor
- Affordable as well
Now you are prepared with all the information you need to have before brushing your baby’s teeth. Go the right way and choose the best toothpaste for kids. With oral hygiene not being a concern any more, you and your kid will have the confidence to live the life full of love, happiness, and health you deserve.