At what stage should you begin brushing your baby’s teeth?
- You should start using a wet soft cloth for wiping off or finger toothbrush way before the teeth have start showing. When your baby’s mouth is still gummy,but you can feel the teeth, you should start using soft items for cleaning to prevent damage to your baby’s little teeth as they arrive. You can even make a start with just water to cut down bacteria build-up.
- After your child has teeth you should be more cautious and start brushing his teeth with a gentle toothbrush and very, very small amount of toothpaste at least twice a day. You must ensure that you brush your child’s teeth after its last meal so that any food item sticking in any corner of the mouth washes away and does not promote bacteria formation. You should also brush your little one’s teeth before its first meal of the day with the intention that all the accumulated germs of last night go away.
What if your baby hates it?
- Always make sure that there are no issues with the toothbrush or toothpaste you are using on your baby as it may be creating a problem and hurting your baby.
- Constantly try to make your baby enjoy brushing by playing a song or something of your baby’s interest.
- Always go easy and try patterns that are gentle. If that way also your baby does not like it stick to a soft cloth for some time.
- Show your baby how it is done and try to develop your little one’s interest in this activity. This way your baby will start liking brushing teeth – a technique you can stuck to for lifelong coaching of your kid.
Best toothpaste for kids
1. Mamaearth Natural Berry Blast Kids Toothpaste
- Safe if swallowed
- Tastes strawberry
- No chemicals
- Cleanses teeth perfectly
- Very gentle
- Does not have a strong taste
- 100% natural formula
2. Colgate Toothpaste for Kids
- Gentle cleanse
- Protects your baby’s tiny teeth
- Very affordable
- Maintains good oral hygiene
- Perfect for kids up to 2 years of age
3. Chicco toothpaste
Chicco Dentifricio toothpaste is the best toothpaste for kids as it prevents your child’s teeth from cavities and maintains oral hygiene.
As we know, overexposure to fluoride at an early age can cause dental fluorosis to your kid. That is why this toothpaste is kept completely free from fluoride.
- Right flavor
- Resolves tooth decay
- Does not hurt baby’s tooth enamel
- Sanitizes baby’s gums
- Protects baby’s teeth
4. Pigeon Children Toothpaste
Pigeon is a brand that promotes the baby’s healthy growth and offers products that are scientifically proven. This is an excellent tooth paste for children’s teeth.
- Prevents tooth decay
- Extremely affordable
- Fluoride and SLS free
- Color free
- Cleans teeth effectively
- Contains limited foaming agent
- Harmless even if swallowed
5. Mee Mee Toothpaste
Contains triple calcium and phosphate – 70gm
- Triple calcium formula
- Contains phosphate
- Tasty flavor
- Affordable as well
Now you are prepared with all the information you need to have before brushing your baby’s teeth. Go the right way and choose the best toothpaste for kids. With oral hygiene not being a concern any more, you and your kid will have the confidence to live the life full of love, happiness, and health you deserve.