Most individuals like to eat cookies made of any kinds of ingredients. Cookies can be given any shape and can work as a healthy snack for you. Almond cookies contain various ingredients like almonds, egg whites, baking powder, lemon juice, and more.
You can get a large number of proteins from these cookies because of the presence of egg whites and almonds in them. They are also a great source of antioxidants that fight against cells that can harm your skin. They eliminate these kinds of cells to improve your facial skin.
The main component of these cookies is almond that is beneficial for your heart and also assists in maintaining your blood pressure level. Lemon and vanilla also improve its taste. Keep reading to get more details about the ingredients and the preparation method as well.
- Almond flour - 220 g
- Powdered sugar - 140 g
- Baking powder - 3/4 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Egg whites - 2
- Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- For decoration - raw almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- In a bowl combine almond flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt
- In another bowl beat egg white until it becomes foamy
- Add beaten egg white , vanilla extract, lemon juice to the flour mixture
- Stir enough to combine well
- Shape the dough into small bowls and place it in a baking tray with butter paper.
- Decorate each cookie with almond
- Bake for 15 -18 minutes until they become lightly golden
- Allow to cool before serving
This recipe has put the almond and all its nutrients into cookies. These cookies, as they have almonds as their main ingredient, will be very rich in proteins, vitamins and antioxidants.