This sweet can be made using common ingredients found in every home such as almond, sugar, and cardamom. Cardamom is used as a spice in various Indian dishes and tea as well. It is shown that cardamom has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics that can be vital for your overall health.
Everyone is familiar with the benefits of eating almonds regularly. They improve your brain power, heart health, and keep the blood pressure normal by providing a sufficient amount of magnesium. Also, they have the antioxidant characteristic that helps your body fight injurious cells to give you glowing skin.
Almond barfi, sometimes also called almond katli, is tasteful and healthy as well. You can prepare it at your home quite easily without using milk. Keep reading to get ingredients details and the preparation method of this amazing sweet.
- Almond - 2 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom - 10
- Take hot boiling water and add 2 cups of almond.
- Then keep it aside for 2 minutes.
- After that, take the almonds and rinse them with running water.
- Take the almonds in the absorbable cloth.
- The skin becomes very loose and easy to remove. Remove it.
- Allow to dry the almonds (roast until they dry) and powder it (coarse powder, not get fine powder).
- Take a nonstick pan.
- Add water and sugar to make sugar syrup (completely dissolve sugar in water) and put some cardamom powder.
- After that, add almond powder to it and mix very well then add ghee.
- Cook until the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Pour this to a greased plate. Grease your fingers and knead it until you get smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with butter paper and roll it using a rolling pin to desired thickness.
- Once done, remove the butter paper and spread some nuts and roll it again gently - cut them into square pieces and serve.
This recipe has almonds ready for sweet lovers. Especially children, who love sweets like almond barfi. Almond helps in the development of the body as well as the brain in young children.